R&D Scientist Mass Spectrometry
At MS Vision we are involved in an increasing number of ambitious cooperative development projects in analytical chemistry. Our role is to focus on mass spectrometry technology within these projects. This includes adaptations of existing technology aimed at specific applications, development of new technology for the analysis of macromulecules and their complexes, and integration of analytical modules provided by project partners in prototype MS equipment.
For one of these projects we have a position available in our MS development lab in Almere, The Netherlands. As part of our R&D department, you will be a high calibre team member with expertise in mass spectrometry technology and application. You will have a key role in the development of instrumentation, and its integration into MS equipment. You will be an active participant in the network of university groups and SME’s in which we cooperate.
- Develop mass spectrometry hardware and define requirements for the associated electronics
- Integrate third party hardware in prototype instrumentation
- Test and characterize hardware with analytical standards
- Act as the first point of contact for the network of development partners
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers
- Meet the deadlines agreed with our cooperation partners
- Share knowledge and experience across the team and cooperation partners
- A post graduate with 2-4 years’ experience of ‘hands-on’ mass spectrometry
- In-depth knowledge of mass spectrometry technology
- Proven track record of publications related to mass spectrometry in peer reviewed, high quality science journals
- Experience with MS analysis of proteins, including data analysis using various software packages
- Experience in ion trajectory simulations (SIMION) and CAD design
- Highly motivated individual with excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Flexibility in learning, excellent communication and team-working ability
We can offer you an informal, friendly and open working environment. You will be exposed to a variety of projects and receive regular coaching and input from the teams you are working with. The position is for a period of 3 years initially. Do you want to be part of a growing and successful company and are you looking for an exciting challenge?
Please send your letter of application and resume to Willemijn van der Laan at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jan Commandeur for more information email@example.com (+31 (0) 36 536 7526).